Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

2D Games with C#

Started by Manegok Jan 3, 2013 at 9:29 PM 2 replies 2.1k views
Original Post
Manegok
Manegok

Hello there!

So, I started to learn C# and I'm thinking about making some games with it. After I get the basics I want to create some simple games (pong clones and something like this). After clones it'd be nice to make some more complicated 2D games. And here's my question - should i use any engine for this? I know that for 3D Unity is good, but i have no idea what to use while making 2D.

jbadams
jbadams

You might consider XNA, or the .NET version of SDL. smile.png

- Jason Astle-Adams
Manegok
Manegok

And i should learn everything in C# (by everything i mean everything that is adequate to my skill), or just things that i need to use in my current little project? Ok, so know i know what should I use for those 2D games, should I also use it for those simple pong clones etc? And what are the best sites to learn except, MSDN, 3dbuzz and of course the C# workshop from here?

PS. I'm sorry if my English is bad - it's not my native language, but I'm trying to not make mistakes.

Cruis.In
Cruis.In

if you just want to make 2d games, use something thats done a lot of work for you already.

blitzmax

you still have to learn to program, and it's in the basic language, can render your 2d with opengl (cross platform) or directX, so your programs work on mac/linux/windows.

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.