Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Simple OpenGl glTexImage2D help

Started by user0 Jan 5, 2013 at 5:13 PM 1 replies 1.1k views
Original Post
user0
user0

I am trying to work with opengl textures and following nehes tutorials with the triangle and the square when I try to add a texture to the square the triangle goes semi transparent in linux and doesnt even show in windows.

I have tracked it down to glTexImage2D that seems to be causing it I am assuming something to do with lighting is that the case? how can I fix it? Thanks

violentrevolution
violentrevolution

Seems like an issue of alpha blending, but it can only be a guess because one can't tell what code you're talking about here.

user0
user0

Thanks for giving it a shot by searching for alpha blending I was able to find some similar questions that led me to the answer I have to call glDisable(GL_TEXTURE_2D); to draw the direct colors.

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.