So I was thinking of how I would go about creating tiles which will be animated. I think I have a pretty good idea, but I just wanted to see what some more well versed people think about it.
My thought is to have a Tileframe class that will just have X/Y coordinate for where from the image the picture will be drawn. The tile class will then have a list (vector) of tileframes that animation will loop over. The map class will then have a list of tiles. The map will handle all the saving and loading of map information to and from a binary file.
Does this sound like a good approach?
For map editing will I have to have one of each available tile hardcoded into the game that a new placed tile will copy it´s information from (animation etc) ?
Would be great to have some input, and maybe some alternative ways. And if this would be bad for performance in any way or if it´s a bad idea to save so much for a pretty simple tile map.
Thanks