Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

DirectX or OpenGL

Started by infernapelover Jan 18, 2013 at 9:35 PM 1 replies 1.3k views
Original Post
infernapelover
infernapelover

I know that this is a highly arguable subject debated by many programmers and graphic artists, i also now that directX is a full gaming api. However, I would appreciate your opinions on helping me make the choice should I Learn DirectX or OpenGL to make a game. Thanks

kd7tck
kd7tck

Just an opinion, no need for anyone to get angry.

Use DirectX if targeting windows, otherwise use OpenGL.

ApochPiQ
ApochPiQ
You should start by reading any of the literally thousands of arguments about this all over the internet. If, after doing your own research, you still have questions, feel free to ask something specific!

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.