Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Fullscreen functionality

Started by Toshi Brown Jan 20, 2013 at 9:50 PM 1 replies 1.8k views
Original Post
Toshi Brown
Toshi Brown

Hey guys,

I am using C++ with the Allegro 5 library for my project, and I have come up against something that I cant find the solution to, it seems easy so perhaps someone could tell me the answer.

At the moment I am creating a display matching my screen resolution, 1920 x 1080, which gives me an illusion of fullscreen - but it is not true fullscreen as the various windows bars still overlap it.

My question is this: how can I enable proper fullscreen functionality?

And a follow up, for computers that wont support 1920 x 1080, can I force the program, when it runs, to choose the highest supported resolution instead?

Cheers,

Toshi

pinebanana
pinebanana

When you're calling al_set_new_display_flags (assuming you are), are you specifying the ALLEGRO_FULLSCREEN flag?

i.e.


al_set_new_display_flags(someFlags  | ALLEGRO_FULLSCREEN);

Where someFlags is whatever flags you want other than fullscreen, such as ALLEGRO_OPENGL, ALLEGRO_DIRECT3D, or ALLEGRO_OPENGL_3_0.

By the way... google and documentation is your friend smile.png.


EDIT:

I found this question on allegro 5 and creating a fullscreen resolution, which has the same resolution as the user's monitor, which you might be interested in.

anax - An open source C++ entity system
Toshi Brown
Toshi Brown

Thanks pinebanana, I had a cursory look through the documentation but my search-fu failed me...

i appreciate the link!

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.