Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

What games to create first?

Started by TheScriptan Jan 21, 2013 at 3:44 PM 5 replies 2.6k views
Original Post
TheScriptan
TheScriptan

I have a question, what games to create first in console?

I know that first one is Guessing numbers :D Please tell me more of them :)

Check out my blog or twitter for news how I am doing in the project "Learn Programming in 2 Years!". You can follow my progress, and help me! :)   My Projects:               "Learn Programming In 2 Years"               "Windows Tutorials"               "Ubuntu T
Phil123
Phil123

Try: Hangman or X's and O's. If those are too easy, then try Tetris, Brick Breaker, or Space Invaders. You can really do a lot with just the console.

Kalner
Kalner

Well you can try a text based RPG (basics atleast) and then build onto it with new stuff you want to try out.

sednihp
sednihp
If you're using XNA with c#, look at pong, breakout and blackjack. All are good beginner projects with scope
RedBaron5
RedBaron5

I like card games. They have a clearly defined set of rules and a very rudimentary intro to graphics. Trying to program AI to play the correct card in each situation is a good intro to a lot of logic.

Inuyashakagome16
Inuyashakagome16

Pacman and maybe a marble madness type of game? That would involve a physics type of library i believe though.

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.