Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

C# UDP Client Server Library... What can I use?

Started by Dan Violet Sagmiller Jan 22, 2013 at 7:15 PM 1 replies 5.3k views
Original Post
Dan Violet Sagmiller
Dan Violet Sagmiller

A while back, I had used an existing open source C# UDP Client Server library that was fairly clean. The problem is that I can't recall the name of it.

Essentially, I'd like a UDP Client/Server Library that is fairly light weight, and with sending priorities for the messages.

In my project, some messages have to act like TCP, with guaranteed arrival and some are "would be nice to know" messages. I don't want to re-invent the UDP wheel to do this. I know it doesn't take a lot, but less chance for bugs with a tried/true open source option.

Thanks.

Moltar - "Do you even know how to use that?" Space Ghost - “Moltar, I have a giant brain that is able to reduce any complex machine into a simple yes or no answer." Dan - "Best Description of AI ever."
Dan Violet Sagmiller
Dan Violet Sagmiller

LIDGREN!!!! that was it! thanks!

Moltar - "Do you even know how to use that?" Space Ghost - “Moltar, I have a giant brain that is able to reduce any complex machine into a simple yes or no answer." Dan - "Best Description of AI ever."

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.