Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Problem load multiple meshes

Started by Hector San Roman Lanza Jan 23, 2013 at 8:43 PM 7 replies 2.2k views
Original Post
Hector San Roman Lanza
Hector San Roman Lanza

Hi!

I have a method that load a mesh from .obj, and Initialice. It works when I load one mesh only...But If I load two o more different meshes, the first that I load take the values ( vertices, indices... ) from the second. I think that the problem is in VAO or VBO, but i can´t found the error.

There is the initialice method from Mesh Class:


void MeshPart::Initialize()
{
    // Creamos el VAO

    glGenVertexArrays(1, &BufferIds[0]);

    ExitOnGLError("ERROR: No se puede generar el VAO");
    glBindVertexArray(BufferIds[0]);
    ExitOnGLError("ERROR: No se puede bindear el VAO");

    // Activamos dos vertex attribute locations
    glEnableVertexAttribArray(0);
    glEnableVertexAttribArray(1);
    ExitOnGLError("ERROR: No se puede activar los vertex attributes");

    // Creamos los VBO
    glGenBuffers(2, &BufferIds[1]);
    ExitOnGLError("ERROR: No se pueden generar los buffer objects");

    // Bindeamos el VBO al VAO
    glBindBuffer(GL_ARRAY_BUFFER, BufferIds[1]);
    glBufferData(GL_ARRAY_BUFFER, vtn.size()*sizeof(VertexTextureNormal), &vtn[0], GL_STATIC_DRAW);
    ExitOnGLError("ERROR: No se puede bindear el VBO al VAO");

    glVertexAttribPointer(0, 4, GL_FLOAT, GL_FALSE, sizeof(vtn[0]) ,0);
    glVertexAttribPointer(1, 2, GL_FLOAT, GL_FALSE, sizeof(vtn[0]) , (GLvoid*) sizeof(vtn[0].position));
    ExitOnGLError("ERROR: Could not set VAO attributes");

    // Creamos el IBO
    glBindBuffer(GL_ELEMENT_ARRAY_BUFFER, BufferIds[2]);
    glBufferData(GL_ELEMENT_ARRAY_BUFFER, indices.size() * sizeof(GLuint), &indices.front(), GL_STATIC_DRAW);
    ExitOnGLError("ERROR: No se puede bindear el IBO al VAO");

    glBindVertexArray(0);
}

Does anyone know what happens to me?

L. Spiro
L. Spiro

MeshPart should be an instancable class, not static. BufferIds should be a non-static member of that class.

After ensuring this, also ensure that you are rendering each instance separately rather than accidentally rendering only the first one or only the last one.

L. Spiro

I restore Nintendo 64 video-game OST’s into HD! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCtX_wedtZ5BoyQBXEhnVZw/playlists?view=1&sort=lad&flow=grid
Hector San Roman Lanza
Hector San Roman Lanza

the render function of meshparts:


void MeshPart::Draw()
{
    glBindVertexArray(BufferIds[0]);
    ExitOnGLError("ERROR: No se puede bindear el VAO para dibujar");


    glDrawElements(GL_TRIANGLES, indices.size(), GL_UNSIGNED_INT, (GLvoid*)0);
    ExitOnGLError("ERROR: No se puede dibujar el meshpart");


    glBindVertexArray(0);
}
 
BornToCode
BornToCode

If i remember correctly from the doc, vao does not store the vbo information. So i would try to also glBind the vbo you want to use as well before calling calling drawElements

Hector San Roman Lanza
Hector San Roman Lanza

The problem isn´t the VAO or VBO. Before I load the cube, the plane have his data. After I load the cube, plane have the cube data. While the data cube load , the plane have the correctly data. I don´t know what its the problem. At least VBO and VAO are discarted.

Thanks for your attention.

L. Spiro
L. Spiro

The problem isn´t the VAO or VBO. Before I load the cube, the plane have his data. After I load the cube, plane have the cube data. While the data cube load , the plane have the correctly data. I don´t know what its the problem. At least VBO and VAO are discarted.

Thanks for your attention.

That is not consistent with what code you have shown, in which it is very clear that meshes are instances and not over-writable by standard means. There are of course mistakes that still could lead to this result but you will need to show more code.


L. Spiro
I restore Nintendo 64 video-game OST’s into HD! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCtX_wedtZ5BoyQBXEhnVZw/playlists?view=1&sort=lad&flow=grid

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.