Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Framebuffer - render to texture trouble

Started by d0nuts Jan 26, 2013 at 10:07 PM 0 replies 1.8k views
Original Post
d0nuts
d0nuts

Hey everyone! I am working on rendering to textures and am running into some trouble with unbinding the framebuffer object.

Currently, I am generating a framebuffer object, creating two textures (one RGB and one DEPTH_COMPONENT24), attaching the two textures, checking the status which is okay, and then drawing while the framebuffer is bound. Inside of gDEBugger I can see that everything is being drawn to the textures just fine.

However, when I try to bind back to default buffer ( glBindFramebufferEXT(GL_FRAMEBUFFER_EXT, 0) ) the textures get cleared to zero and everything that was drawn to the textures ends up back in the static buffers. Also, I have also tried binding two more empty textures to the framebuffer and everything gets moved to the new textures.

Any ideas why all that data would just jump ship?

I attached a before and after pictures for when I bind the textures to the framebuffer.

d0nuts
d0nuts

So the problem was using all of the EXT functions and variables instead of the normal ones (ex. glBindFramebufferEXT() instead of glBindFramebuffer() ).

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.