So, with the addition of Addictive Drummer and a recording interface, I'm one step closer to where I need to be. I was at a startup business convention this weekend and ran into a guy who was marketing his energy drink company. He runs extreme sport videos (everything from cross country to white water rafting and bike racing). He told me to take a look at the videos and produce a song with solid beats. He wanted it to have solid movement, a clear beginning, middle, and end, and total between 60 and 90 seconds.
Given that criteria, do you guys have any feedback on this? https://soundcloud.com/dakota-potts/hard-rock-demo
There are a lot of things I'll fix. I spent from roughly midnight to 4 am working on this (now it's close to 4:30) so I'm pretty proud of what I got done in that time. For sure I want to clean up some of the transitions, timing on a few sections, and the sloppy bass sound at the end where I got a little too excited with my digging in.
Anyways, since this is really where my heart's at, I'd love appropriate feedback, good or bad.