Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

ATI driver crashes

Started by noatom Feb 11, 2013 at 4:56 PM 2 replies 1.4k views
Original Post
noatom
noatom

Does anyone have this problem? I had it since a long time ago,but I just installed the newest driver version and it stopped.

But I had to change my os,and after that I installed the newest driver version again,for 2-3 days nothing happened,but now the driver crashes quite a lot.It gets back in about 7-8 seconds but it's still very annoying.

Anybody have problems like these?

Bacterius
Bacterius

My HD6950 crashes whenever - brace yourself - some graphics operation I haven't been able to identify (it seems to be related to the geometry shader) is performed when the internal card temperature is less than 53 Celsius. No driver version seemed to fix this so I chalked it up to hardware malfunction about a year ago and just decided to work around it until upgrade. I have not tried the latest drivers, though.

Other than that, no, I've not noticed any issues.

“If I understand the standard right it is legal and safe to do this but the resulting value could be anything.”
noatom
noatom

well damn... it's weird because this problem appeared about 4-5 months ago,untill then it worked perfectly

awefdbgb
awefdbgb

It could be some kind of bad overclock. Check if the overdrive options are enabled in the performance tab of Catalyst Control Centre, if so try disabling it.

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.