Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Tuts for Beginning OpenGL/C++ 2D Game Programming?

Started by Knockback Mar 3, 2013 at 12:47 AM 1 replies 4.8k views
Original Post
Knockback
Knockback

I was wondering if anyone knew any good, recent OpenGL/GLUT C++ tutorials for 2D work, such as drawing text and sprites and etc... I've looked around a lot on Google and stuff, but I haven't found anything worthwhile so far.

Currently, I can making a window and draw a rectangle, but placing it specifically is still beyond me.

Any help?

Vincent_M
Vincent_M

I'm just throwing this out there, but there's this channel out there called thecplusplusguy on YouTube. He covers C++/OpenGL/SDL (SDL instead of GLUT). All of his videos are quite good, however, he excels in 3D. He will get you up and running with shaders, 3D model loading, etc, but there's some good stuff he covers as far as setting up OpenGL, and how it works in general. As far as 2D and OpenGL goes, these resources will be very helpful.

Here's an example:

">

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.