Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Changing Library version in VS2010 Express

Started by Plethora Mar 5, 2013 at 5:05 PM 0 replies 1.4k views
Original Post
Plethora
Plethora

I have an existing project which in which I am using SFML. I started work on the project with the release candidate for SFML 2.0, however I recently decided to incorporate SFGUI in my project which is dependent on an earlier version of SFML 2.0. In a vaccuum I got SFGUI up and running just fine using the correct version of SFML, but I'm having some problems adding it to my existing project.

My basic question is, if I am changing the version of a library in my project, do I have to somehow explicitly sever the connection with the old files in VS2010? I have made the necessary changes to the various paths under the project options with both the linker, and the the general c++ options (meaning I've changed the include folder, and the lib folder to the alternate version). I've also replaced all relevant .dll files in my projects folder. However, I'm getting unresolved externals revolving around sf::Clock (which is one of the SFML classes that is different between the two versions I am switching between).

I'm sure I'm just missing something simple, but any help I can get would be appreciated.

EDIT: I didn't actually figure out the problem, but I went around it just by making a new project. I added all my files and made some adjustments to account for the altered library but everything's up and working as it should with SFGUI initialized. So I don't actually need the help anymore.

:)

I'm working on a game!  It's called "Spellbook Tactics".  I'd love it if you checked it out, offered some feedback, etc.  I am very excited about my progress thus far and confident about future progress as well!   http://infinityelephant.wordpress.com

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.