Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

[SlimDX DX9] Strange UV Offset while rendering FS Quad

Started by B-Real Mar 17, 2013 at 12:13 PM 0 replies 1.7k views
Original Post
B-Real
B-Real

Hello,

at first I'm new with SlimDX and DirectX, before I was working with OpenGL. So to my question.. I'm rendering a scene to seperate RenderTarget and try to render the resulting texture with a fullscreen quad. This works nice, but I'm having a strange one-pixel UV offset. So what I have done to see this:

1. I'm rendering a test texture with FullScreenQuad to a RenderTarget which haves the same size as Backbuffer

2. I save the result of Rendertarget to a texture using StretchRectangle

3. I render this texture with a FullScreenQuad in the Backbuffer

Now i can see that I'm having one pixel offset on left and upper side. If I render the test-texture directly to the BackBuffer, using the same code for FullScreenQuad, I don't have this offset.

So what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks for help,

Thomas

Jason Z
Jason Z

Have you considered the half pixel/texel offset that D3D9 (and earlier) has? If not, see here for some possible guidance...

Jason Zink :: DirectX MVP   Direct3D 11 engine on CodePlex: Hieroglyph 3 Direct3D Books: 

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.