Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Code generation (VS2012)

Started by Alex Melbourne Apr 6, 2013 at 2:50 PM 0 replies 2.2k views
Original Post
Alex Melbourne
Alex Melbourne

I'm going through and learning how to use Visual Studio properly and I've recently discovered its modelling tools (hooray!). I already knew UML so I've set about creating the layout of the engine/game I'm building.

Now I found it's possible to generate code from these diagrams but the code is always in a C# project. I'm happy to write out the T4 files to generate C++ and not C# but I can't find a way to simple dump the files in a directory.

I know how to write MSBuild files fairly well but I don't know how to achieve what I want...

To summaries: Does anyone know how to prevent the generation of a C# project file and simply dump the generated header files in a different project directory.

I want to make the engine project dependent on modelling project so that I can regenerate structure quickly and simply.

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.