Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

split screen game with html5

Started by davethecross Apr 9, 2013 at 2:17 AM 0 replies 2.1k views
Original Post
davethecross
davethecross

This seemed like the most relevant forum to post this:

I'm starting a game that will be two player split screen, and I want to know how to do it the most optimally.

My first thought was to use two canvas elements side by side, but it seems too sloppy; especially when dealing with things like a menu screen when there is no split screen showing.

I was wondering if there was maybe a built in way to deal with this, or if not what should the pseudo code roughly look like?

Thanks for reading

bwhiting
bwhiting

2 Canvas instances should be fine, I doubt there would be much of a performance gain just by having 1 and it will keep the logic/maths simpler with 2.

You can always overlay the other elements on top of the canvases can't you?

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.