Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Learning materials for OGL 3.0-3.1

Started by arnsa Apr 9, 2013 at 5:33 PM 2 replies 1.2k views
Original Post
arnsa
arnsa

Hey, I've been reading "OpenGL Programming Guide Seventh Edition" book. What I really didn't like here is that the author is using a bunch of deprecated functions. I don't want to learn them, because it wouldn't be effective to use them. I heard about "SuperBible" book, but lots of people complain that the author is using something called GLTools, which hides a lot of low level stuff. So when you try to write something without GLTools, it's really hard. If not that GLTools thing, I'd surely read that book. Besides these 2 books, I couldn't find any good material to learn OGL 3.0 (my GPU supports OGL version only up to 3.1). Do you, guys, know any good materials, tutorials, books or anything, which doesn't use deprecated functions and are good to learn OGL?

Aressera
Aressera

I've found this page to be a great resource for OpenGL 3+, other than that, I usually just look at the official references on khronos.org for specific info on any particular function.

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.