Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Some Jazz Piano.

Started by MoritzPGKatz Apr 14, 2013 at 5:01 PM 0 replies 2.1k views
Original Post
MoritzPGKatz
MoritzPGKatz
Hey,

Hope everyone's doing well?
I'm quite busy at the moment, but when I find the time, I like to play old standards on piano. It's kind of an oddly specific hobby, at least here in Germany - and I never really play live or make use of this style in my productions.
That's probably why I'm not a very good player, but following the chords is good training for both theoretical and hearing skills. Plus, it's fun!

Anyway, I thought I'd share some of it with you.
https://soundcloud.com/mpgk/sets/piano-improvisations

Nothing fancy sound-wise, I just put my Zoom H-2 recorder on top of an old piano.

Any feedback welcome, of course!

Any other jazz fans out there? Nate, I recall you play the sax, do you go to sessions from time to time or something?

Cheers,
Moritz
Check out my Music/Sound Design Reel on moritzpgkatz.de
nsmadsen
nsmadsen

Nice playing! :) There's nothing like a one-take recording when playing jazz. I enjoyed it.

Yes, I do sessions for both piano and saxophone. I'd love to collaborate with you on something for fun! :) (Or for serious!)

Nate

Nathan Madsen
Nate (AT) MadsenStudios (DOT) Com
Composer-Sound Designer
Madsen Studios

Austin, TX

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.