Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

My first soundtrack to a game (Still WIP)

Started by bladderbloat Apr 14, 2013 at 9:19 PM 9 replies 4.4k views
Original Post
bladderbloat
bladderbloat

Here's a playable beta of a Goscurry, a game made by Daniele Giardini and the soundtrack is my first try at... a soundtrack. I really got free creative use so after a few tracks I found out that it's some kind of electro. http://www.holoville.com/games/games/goscurry/play.php There's still a few tracks to do and I need to get the mastering going on! Any feedback would be awesome!

bladderbloat
bladderbloat

Now it has it's own homepage too! www.goscurry.com There's a video straight up which has bits of the soundtrack too.

nsmadsen
nsmadsen

Cool! I loved being able to play the game while hearing your soundtrack. Sadly that doesn't happen too often on these forums. I really dug the music and the interactive aspects of it with the gameplay.

The music did a good job of supporting the visuals and gameplay. Nice job!

Nathan Madsen
Nate (AT) MadsenStudios (DOT) Com
Composer-Sound Designer
Madsen Studios

Austin, TX
bladderbloat
bladderbloat

Sweet, thanks! I'm not sure about the mastering of it though, since that's an art to master itself. Havn't really put any real time to that yet since I bet everything needs it's mastering. Like with the kicks, snares, hihats etc, always wondering if they are too loud or should i try mixing them in with some more reverb to the rest of the melodies?

Bakuda
Bakuda

Fun little game, I can see myself returning to this when I need just a little something to take my mind off of things. Great job with the music. Can't help you out much with mastering, as that's something I'm in the process of learning more about myself.

Bryan Davis - Composer Website • Soundcloud
bladderbloat
bladderbloat

It’s finally done! And I’m proud to release the soundtrack of Goscurry! It’s been a electric ride with Daniele Giardini, who is still working his manly ass off to get it ready for pre-release!

Before the legendary Pirates rip this, you can support my work made with love and irony by buying it from Gumroad or listenting to samples and then buying it here!

Highfives all around x2!

m4uesviecr
m4uesviecr

Fantastic work with the sound! I was wondering, did you have anything to do with the music and its correlation with gameplay? I absolutely love the pitch shifting when colors change, the tempo increase when you get a boost, and the sudden slowing down whenever you crash.

Great job all around! I really enjoyed playing the game and hearing your music! It fits very well.

Charliea
Charliea

I think the music did a great job and I'll be sure to come back, looking forward to the soundtrack

bladderbloat
bladderbloat

Fantastic work with the sound! I was wondering, did you have anything to do with the music and its correlation with gameplay? I absolutely love the pitch shifting when colors change, the tempo increase when you get a boost, and the sudden slowing down whenever you crash.

Great job all around! I really enjoyed playing the game and hearing your music! It fits very well.

Thanks alot! All those "effects" you hear affecting the music is made by Daniele and his unity thingies he does and I love it aswell! There will be more of that in the final version! Theres something that happens to the sound overall if you speed boost (a new feature not playable in the alpha) and for the boss fights the music will go nuts in a way :D

bladderbloat
bladderbloat

I think the music did a great job and I'll be sure to come back, looking forward to the soundtrack

Super thanks! It just got out on itunes aswell :) But for the best experience wait for the pre-release of the game with all the lovely bits in it!

bladderbloat
bladderbloat

And now its on Spotify! Woohu!

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.