Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

FSAA with Post Process Effects

Started by mankut Apr 22, 2013 at 2:23 PM 0 replies 1k views
Original Post
mankut
mankut

I am a bit out of date with the latest graphics techniques, say if I was using OpenGL compatability 4.1 context and I wanted to add an SSAO effect,

I would need the scene depth written into a texture and the scene colors written into a texture, I am using an FBO for this. The thing is I already have

16x FSAA on my main window so I should disable that and enable FSAA on my framebuffer instead? like this?

Render to FBO1 (AA enabled on it) -> switch to default backbuffer and draw fullscreen quad with my effect using texture from FBO1?

Is this the correct way to make anti aliasing work the same way as on my main window without any FBO?

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.