Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Darkblade[story]

Started by Jeremy Slupinski May 7, 2013 at 1:39 AM 5 replies 4k views
JessieJess
JessieJess

If you'd like people to critique your work, it might help to make it easier on them by making it more easily accessible.

Dragonsoulj
Dragonsoulj

Might I suggest not sharing your password online? If it's a document, you could easily just use Google's drive to share it.

Jeremy Slupinski
Jeremy Slupinski


I wrote an intro to a game that can be viewed at https://www.dropbox.com/home. My email is jslupinski@icloud.com and password is stag beetle. enjoy Darkblade and don't be afraid to criticize.

It is now on google drive at https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bqEna09tDTyjz2f6PF444ImcR6jqVG1i5Z4lgVg4LK4/edit?usp=sharing

I have never used google drive before so if I am doing anything wrong please tell me.

JessieJess
JessieJess

Read your premise. Despite it being a whole page long, very little was spent writing on actual concrete happenings. Rather the bulk of it was simply descriptions. It reads more like a screen play for an opening cutscene rather then a premise for a story.

So he's down there because he's an archaeologist. He finds a sword which teleports him to some strange computer lab of sorts. Now he must find his way out. And that's it.

It needs more details on (for example) who is the protagonist? What are his motivations for being an archaeologist? What's the deal with the sword and lab and why should we as readers care?

I feel a bit more content needs to be added before I can form any opinion on the concept given.

Jeremy Slupinski
Jeremy Slupinski

Well, you were right about it being an opening cutscene, however from here the story gets increasingly less straight forward.[spoiler]the sword actually rips a portal to other dimensions. and you will have to find the device that controls it.[/spoiler]. In my spare time I will be making multiple different story paths. It will take time to make an organized matrix for this.

Servant of the Lord
Servant of the Lord

(Yea, definitely don't give out your account details online. Hopefully you've already changed the password)

[rollup="How to share files in your Dropbox folder"]

Right click on the file -> Dropbox -> Share link

sharingindropbox.png[/rollup]

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.