Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Consult the OpenGL display character problem

Started by sontu May 7, 2013 at 4:10 AM 3 replies 1.9k views
Original Post
sontu
sontu

Using OpenGL programming, medical image processing, on image above labeled "R", "L", "fracture", referred to as the character. Now the problem:

The program can run on all computers, but in some computers can output the character, and some computer can't output the character. I do not know why?

Sponji
Sponji

You should show some code about how you're creating and drawing those. I'd guess that the texture size isn't power of two, some old cards don't support those.

Derp
slicer4ever
slicer4ever
I assume you mean the text, I'm going to make some assumptions since you didn't give us really any other information than "It doesn't work". but i'll take a stab that the problem is with your textures sizes. make sure the texture you are using for the font is 2^N, many older(and cheap) gpus can't handle textures that have a dimension that isn't 2^n size.
sontu
sontu

Maybe, I have gotten the answer. I try the program in the computer which can output the character, and I updated the graphics driver for this computer graphics by "automatically identify and find drivers" on the intel web site, http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detect/graphics, then I run the program and found that it doesn't output the character.

The detail about the graphics:

Intel(R) HD graphics and the driver version is 6.14.10.5436

Now, Which opengl dll is my need? Hope and wait your help!

sontu
sontu

Maybe, I have gotten the answer. I try the program in the computer which can output the character, and I updated the graphics driver for this computer graphics by "automatically identify and find drivers" on the intel web site, http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detect/graphics, then I run the program and found that it doesn't output the character.

The detail about the graphics:

Intel® HD graphics and the driver version is 6.14.10.5436

Now, Which opengl dll is my need? Hope and wait your help!

You should show some code about how you're creating and drawing those. I'd guess that the texture size isn't power of two, some old cards don't support those.

I assume you mean the text, I'm going to make some assumptions since you didn't give us really any other information than "It doesn't work". but i'll take a stab that the problem is with your textures sizes. make sure the texture you are using for the font is 2^N, many older(and cheap) gpus can't handle textures that have a dimension that isn't 2^n size.

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.