Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Looking for comments and critiques of my music

Started by Dooleus May 12, 2013 at 3:53 AM 1 replies 1.3k views
Original Post
Dooleus
Dooleus

Hey there, I'm a multi-instrumentalist musician, composer, sound designer, etc. guy with a penchant for fakebit chiptunes which I make in Reason, electronic/orchestral hybrid stuff, and progressive, virtuosic rock. You can listen to my latest stuff here:

http://www.soundcloud.com/rob-dooley

I'd like to hear feedback regarding composition, production, and engineering. I think my stuff is pretty decent, but I feel like some of my orchestral and electronica tracks are a little on the dull side and I'd love to have someone pick them apart and give me some advice.

Thanks!

-Rob

BravadoWaffler
BravadoWaffler

Very nice retro sound. I like your 16-bit stuff especially. Nice melodies too.

Hitrison
Hitrison

The songs are melodic and groovy. I dig 'em! The biggest issue I noticed in some of your tracks (Especially 'Racing Time' and 'Data Mining') is that it sounds like every melodic instrument is panned right down the middle. It sounds a bit cluttered and flat. Of course I'm also listening to these on earbuds in a coffee shop. Far from a perfect listening environment. :D

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.