Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Avatars

Started by belfegor May 15, 2013 at 2:14 PM 0 replies 2k views
Original Post
belfegor
belfegor

I don't know if someone has reported this or is it just on my PC.

I noticed that some users avatars are not drawn on GameDev forum home page.

Here is example (there is more), my avatar is drawn but look at the Orangeatang:

gamedev.jpg

Its ok in threads:

gamedev2.jpg

Is it suppose to be like this?

Bacterius
Bacterius

Yes, I noticed this a while ago. I think externally served avatars are not displayed in those locations. For instance, when I had my cat (left) on Gravatar, he consistently wouldn't display on the forum list (new posts, member list, etc...). As soon as I uploaded it directly to the forum via the profile tools, it worked perfectly.

“If I understand the standard right it is legal and safe to do this but the resulting value could be anything.”

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.