Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Framework Question & Advice!

Started by Scene68 May 23, 2013 at 7:29 AM 4 replies 2k views
Original Post
Scene68
Scene68

I just have a simple question regarding frameworks that is compatible to a text based game as I displayed in attachments (as examples) for a game I am developing that has very somewhat similar qualities. My colleague is the main programmer on the project at the moment (which is quite large in scale) but we became stuck on the MVC Robot-legs framework but apparently it didn't adjust too well but he did suggest possibly using Entity but he as an I am not sure whether or not Entity would be compatible that type of game I have in mind so anyone that is familiar with Entity or any other framework that would adjust as well (that could help organize the coding) please reply back and to add the game will be using Flash.

Thank You much appreciated.

Scene68
Scene68

Thanks for the quick reply Steve,

I will go check out what you suggested. In your honest opinion could Entity work just as well as Scaleform (and possibly others)?

Steve_Segreto
Steve_Segreto

I'm sorry I've never heard of Entity and until I just googled it this was also the first time I heard of MVC Robotlegs. :)

I believe Scaleform is the industry standard and is professional grade. It's likely to be the most compliant in terms of ActionScript support and Flash integration/playback. Interestingly enough, most of its source code seems to have been stolen from an open source project called OpenSWF. :)

Vishwas
Vishwas

hi! Steve,
I have been working on with Scene68, in the development of his game idea. I just wanted to add that, when trying out MVC, i have got stuck with the huge number of validations required in the artificial intelligence of text based game. I have heard hype about Entity Framework ( see ASH by Richard Lord and many such other), for game development. However mostly the games talked about are physics and math based game. Which are very different from text based games like hollywood mogul, travian, or facebook's mafia wars. So, not sure if Entity based framework is a good choice here.

Thanks.

V.

Scene68
Scene68

Okay thanks again Steve for the response :)

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.