Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Help with SFML

Started by lja May 23, 2013 at 1:09 PM 6 replies 4.6k views
Original Post
lja
lja

Hi,

I'm currently trying to learn how to use the CSFML 2.0 in VS 2010, but I'm getting a lot of warnings and errors that I really don't understand. For example, one error I get is an undeclared identifier, yet I've declared that particular variable at the top of the file.

I've been using this http://perso.epitech.eu/~rozo_a/CSFML/doc/html/ to help me learn how to use CSFML, but I think that this tutorial is for the older 1.6 version.

I've attached both the source code and the error list.

I'm probably doing something really stupid wacko.png

Thanks for any help!

JTippetts
JTippetts

Everywhere that you have things like sfRenderWindow, you need to add the double colon namespace indirection operator, ie sf::RenderWindow. sf denotes the namespace that everything lives in, and should not just be prefixed to the identifier like that.

Edit: Eh, forget that. Didn't realize there even was a C port of SFML until this very instant...

lja
lja

sfVideoMode mode = {800, 600, 32};

Are you sure you can do that in C? I never used CSFML but its weird if sfVideoMode is implemented as a raw array.

I'm not sure, that's how it is done on that tutorial page but then again I've followed that and it doesn't work. I'm not sure how else you set the resolution and depth.

Brother Bob
Brother Bob


sfVideoMode mode = {800, 600, 32};

Are you sure you can do that in C? I never used CSFML but its weird if sfVideoMode is implemented as a raw array.

I'm not sure, that's how it is done on that tutorial page but then again I've followed that and it doesn't work. I'm not sure how else you set the resolution and depth.

sfVideoMode is a structure, and that is simply the way you initialize the fields of a structure. It's perfectly fine.

lja
lja

So what is causing the undeclared variable error?

Brother Bob
Brother Bob

In C, you must define your variables at the beginning of a scope before any other code. Your main function has a call to the puts-function, and you must define all your variables before that point.

lja
lja

In C, you must define your variables at the beginning of a scope before any other code. Your main function has a call to the puts-function, and you must define all your variables before that point.

Oops! Thank you for pointing that out!

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.