Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

GWEN Documentation?

Started by Ender1618 May 24, 2013 at 2:02 AM 0 replies 3.2k views
Original Post
Ender1618
Ender1618

Has anyone used the GWEN gui library in their renderer? I have heard some very good things about this library, and want to see if I can utilize it as the GUI system in my OpenGL application.

I am having trouble finding documentation on how to use library. I have managed to find an explanation on how to write a custom back end, specific to your rendering system, but nothing on how to implement GUIs with it (e.g. how does the event system work, how to set up a layout, control usage, etc.)

There seems to be quite a few forks of the library on github, Im also not sure which fork would be the best to use. From the code in the forks, I am finding it difficult to figure out how to actually use it.

https://sites.google.com/a/facepunchstudios.com/gwen/

On that site most of the links seem to dead, including the link in the tutorial section. Does anyone know where to find tutorials and/or api documentation for the library?

Thanks

AgentC
AgentC

Since the official project seems to have been taken down, I'd say it's a bit risky to rely on forks continuing the project. Your best bet is probably the unit test code contained within the library, which creates various UI elements, but that's naturally not a substitute for proper documentation.

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.