Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Some quations about FMOD designer API

Started by q3805508 May 24, 2013 at 3:38 AM 0 replies 2k views
Original Post
q3805508
q3805508

Recently I‘m using FMOD designer API to build my game audio system.I‘v never use sound before so I‘m very confused.please help me with these questions:

1.What is FMOD::MusicSystem used for? To play background music according to game play status?For example ,When the player walk into a battle field background music change from some lyrical music to drums sounds to tall player to prepare for fight.Am I think right?

2.What is "cue" "theme" in FMOD music system means?

3.In FMOD Designer application I can use Audition Console to trigger music cue to pay some music,the music segment (if has loop on) will loop until I stop the music (by push the button of the cue).but in my application when I use FMOD::musicSystm::promptCue to play the "cue" the music segment just play once!What is the right way to play those "cue"?

Thanks for reading my post.

q3805508
q3805508

question 3 is solved,I should get FMOD::MusicPrompt pointer and call begin() and end() myself

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.