Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

frb.js - HTML5 Canvas 2D Engine

Started by joelmartinez Jun 2, 2013 at 2:58 PM 0 replies 2.1k views
Original Post
joelmartinez
joelmartinez

Hey all ... wanted to get some feedback on some work I've been doing on a javascript-based 2d engine. It's a "port" of the regular FlatRedBall engine, which is based on XNA/MonoGame in C#. I wanted to be able to write games for the web, but wanted to do so in a way that didn't require any plugins whatsoever, and I wanted to do so in JavaScript ... so FRB.js was born :)

It's open source (MIT Licensed) on GitHub:

https://github.com/joelmartinez/flatredball-js

You can see some samples here:

http://joelmartinez.github.io/flatredball-js/#emitter

http://joelmartinez.github.io/flatredball-js/#rain

http://joelmartinez.github.io/flatredball-js/#tiles

And I've written some documentation here:

https://github.com/joelmartinez/flatredball-js/wiki

I'd love to get some thoughts on the engine, the design of the API, ease (or otherwise) of use, the samples, etc.

Thanks!

note: I know it doesn't likely work in IE ... the perils of working on a mac :) But it should work in the other major browsers.

Joel Martinez
http://codecube.net
[twitter]joelmartinez[/twitter]

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.