Hello guys!
I am developing an action RPG, and I like to post some gameplay test versions here in gd.net. But its been a long time since I posted one of those.
I have been thinking about including usage statistics that I could retrieve with user consent, but I'm not sure about how to go about doing that. If I should include a feature ingame that people would click to send me the stats file? (which includes just game related things, enemies killed, time played, highest level achieved, etc)
Should I just ask people to send me the file? I'm not sure. I'm not really into including this on the final version, just in test versions, so I wouldnt actually be doing something people wouldnt expect.
Do you guys have any suggestions on this kind of stuff? I just want to know how people interact with the game in these cases.