Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Spam comment on article

Started by Servant of the Lord Jun 20, 2013 at 3:05 AM 6 replies 1.7k views
Original Post
Servant of the Lord
Servant of the Lord

Clicky. Third comment.

Also, I'm never sure what's the proper way GameDev wants spam to be reported. Do I send PMs to a specific staff member, post in CSI, or just ignore it? The "Report this member" button never works for me.

Servant of the Lord
Servant of the Lord

Yep. Testing it on you right now gives me this message: "You do not have permission to report the item you are attempting to report."

I take it by your reaction that the button works for you? The user who posted the spam message doesn't have a hyperlinked username either (the profile was probably already deleted), so I'd have to find his profile manually even if I could report him.

Prinz Eugn
Prinz Eugn

I think that fixed it for me too, actually...

-Mark the Artist

Digital Art and Technical Design
Developer Journal
Alpha_ProgDes
Alpha_ProgDes

I take it by your reaction that the button works for you? The user who posted the spam message doesn't have a hyperlinked username either (the profile was probably already deleted), so I'd have to find his profile manually even if I could report him.


No, I was just surprised it didn't work. I used it long long time ago and it did work then.
Beginner in Game Development?  Read here. And read here.  

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.