Hi all,
I am looking for a bit of advice and possibly some guidance. I programmed in C++ for a good three years. I also used SFML and OpenGL for 1 of the 3 years. I haven't programmed in it in about 6 months though because I have been so concentrated on trying to learn some web programming. Now what I did was I went on Code Academy, finished the Web fundamentals, Jquery, and Javascript courses.
I am at a point where I feel I have a grasp on how to program for the web, but no clue really how develop for the web. I can open a text editor, include the needed documents, and a bow grow when clicked, but where do I learn how to make an actual good looking website? Code Academy taught me how to do some neat things with my code, but never how to make a nice, full fledged website.
So I am at the point where I want to try making a small 3D sandbox game and a nice website to encase it. I know this will require WebGL, server side programming, maybe a few helper libraries, and website designing knowledge. I was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction of where to learn those skills.
TL;DR?
My Goal: 3D Web Sandbox Game
I have learned thoroughly:
C++
OpenGL
SFML
I have sort of learned:
HTML
CSS
Javascript
Jquery
I want to learn:
Node.js or PHP? (Some server side language)
General Web design (I kinda know CSS but that doesn't mean I know how to make stuff look nice)
WebGL
Three.js? (I have heard of this, not sure if I should learn it or WebGL, or both)
Any advice, links to great tutorials, or guidance on completing my goals would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance! ![]()
