Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Ultimate Insulter | Android App, soon to be released.

Started by The Ryan Sep 2, 2013 at 9:10 PM 1 replies 1.8k views
Original Post
The Ryan
The Ryan

1278096_715365405155659_1320932587_o.png

I am currently making an app called Ultimate Insulter, it randomly generates insults from pre-defined templates and a big text file with many words. The app is near completion, probably about a week or so left of tweaking, etc.

Here is a video of the app in action. Slightly offensive words are used, but nothing really bad.

Stani R
Stani R

Some interesting results. I am actually kind of interested in this type of app, I always run out of insults to use when it really counts!

But there's a bit too much repetition there, maybe the text file is not so big after all or your RNG is not random enough :)

The Ryan
The Ryan

Some interesting results. I am actually kind of interested in this type of app, I always run out of insults to use when it really counts!

But there's a bit too much repetition there, maybe the text file is not so big after all or your RNG is not random enough smile.png

Yeah, I know what you mean. There are currently 15 different templates for insults. Sometimes you get a repeat, other times you don't see the same one for many rolls. Still gonna add a few more before release, along with more words in the list.

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.