I'm trying to write a simple windows app which goes a bunch of glsl shaders and compiles them. From searching online it seems this requires querying the glCreateShader etc extensions which require calling wglGetProcessAdress to get these extensions (I'm trying to target gl 3.3). I tried doing this but the call always fails (since I don't have a wglContext and further more a window setup).
Is there any way to get these extensions without creating a window ? I don't need to do any rendering at all (ever), just compile a bunch of shaders and check the output for errors.
From what I've found so far, I haven't seen a way of doing this without creating a window first ? is there any way to compile shaders offline or quick way to setup a dummy context without doing all the window setup ? Window setup seems a bit hacky just to require shader compilation.
Thanks!