Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Tkinter - asksavefilename vs askopenfilename - neither?

Started by kirkd Oct 19, 2013 at 4:10 PM 1 replies 2.6k views
Original Post
kirkd
kirkd

In my application I want to let the user specify a new file name or pick an existing file which will simply be appended.

asksavefilename works to specify a new file, but it throws a warning window if an existing file is picked saying it will be overwritten.

askopenfilename lets you pick an existing file without the overwrite warning, but you can't specify a new file

Any ideas how to make either of these work or am I going to have to roll my own dialog? If I could force asksavefilename not to throw the overwrite warning, that would be great.

-Kirk

kirkd
kirkd

Yeah, I thought of that, too. The catch is that this is the very last piece of my application that I need to finish. The whole thing is complete apart from the Save functionality and all done in Tkinter. Ugh. I hate to mix the two, but maybe for this one piece...

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.