Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Anybody left from the 2003 crowd?

Started by Xtremehobo Oct 20, 2013 at 7:39 AM 87 replies 31.6k views
Original Post
Xtremehobo
Xtremehobo

I hope this isn't too OT. Just curious. Anybody remember what that secret MUD was? Does Dave still own this site?

It started with a T... Tarbetha? Tibeta? I must know!

pixelwrench.com | [email="matt[nospam]@pixelwrench[nospam]com"]email[/email] lethalhamster: gamedev keeps taking my money, but im too lazy to not let them
jbadams
jbadams

Dave is still an owner of the site, but isn't very active with the site any more.

Boolean (who wrote/drew the comics) has just returned with a new completed game and marketing experiment, there are various others still around, and a lot of other regular members from around those times are now moderators.

- Jason Astle-Adams
Hodgman
Hodgman
I found TA by drunk accident some time in 2010, but didn't keep up appearances there. It might still be around.
I mean, TA doesn't exist, silly poppet.
Ilici
Ilici

I remember getting banned once, end of 2003, for a post in one of the random threads in the lounge taunting Dave. I felt like such a bad boy.

Yudhisthira
Yudhisthira

There was a fashion for a signature that lots of people used to have back then, anyone remember what they looked like ?

Someone made everyone wait for a mexican wrestler, and some poppet stole people's usernames and passwords

jbadams
jbadams

Do you mean the "resist ..." icons?

- Jason Astle-Adams
Yudhisthira
Yudhisthira

resist [username]. Yeah I think that was it :-)

Oh and the green blob ATI advert!

Tok
Tok

Yeah, it's been awhile. :) (<-- joined in 2001)

--------------------------~The Feature Creep of the Family~
tstrimp
tstrimp

Suddenly I feel old.

Promit
Promit

ru2LkUw.png

Those usernames...

SlimDX | Ventspace Blog | Twitter | Diverse teams make better games. I am currently hiring capable C++ engine developers in Baltimore, MD.
Alpha_ProgDes
Alpha_ProgDes

Promit, you should remember this. What was the name of that guy who constantly posted in the Game Design section? His score was so low, that even after everyone voted him up his rating was still in the negatives.

Beginner in Game Development?  Read here. And read here.  
ChaosEngine
ChaosEngine

Promit, you should remember this. What was the name of that guy who constantly posted in the Game Design section? His score was so low, that even after everyone voted him up his rating was still in the negatives.

Was that the guy who was going to make "EVE Online, but better"?

if you think programming is like sex, you probably haven't done much of either.-------------- - capn_midnight
MrEvil
MrEvil

I haven't been here in ages!

wack
wack

Had a user here since 1999-ish, forgot the password (the e-mail provider it was registered with had died at that point) and posted for a few years as "Anonymous poster" instead.

When that possibility was restricted, I got this instead.

sunandshadow
sunandshadow

I've been an active member since then. :) And the T- thing was Tiberia IIRC.

I want to help design a "sandpark" MMO. Optional interactive story with quests and deeply characterized NPCs, plus sandbox elements like player-craftable housing and lots of other crafting. If you are starting a design of this type, please PM me. I also love pet-breeding games.
jbadams
jbadams

Wasn't that vipejc?


His score was ALSO amazingly bad, but I have a feeling the user in question was something like "warsong"? I don't remember anyone making am effort to try to save vipejc's rep, as it was obviously his own fault and he just kept stirring more trouble, but poor warsong (or whatever it was) seemed to at least have good intentions but made mostly unintelligible posts.
- Jason Astle-Adams

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.