Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

BaukjeSpirit's art thread (looking for feedback)

Started by BaukjeSpirit Oct 23, 2013 at 1:44 PM 14 replies 6.2k views
Original Post
BaukjeSpirit
BaukjeSpirit

I've been using GIMP for about 6 years now, I've started with making manipulations first, but since a year or three I've been working on my digital drawing skills.

Also, recently I've bought my first tablet and started studying 'Gamedesign' and I'm in my first year now.

Here's some work I've made!

mushroom_tree_by_baukjespirit-d5v9cw2.pn

(this one is made with a tablet and MyPaint)

forest_painting_by_baukjespirit-d6psabf.

final_animatie_copyright_by_baukjespirit

And here's a screenshot of my first game I'm making for college. ^^ It's a point&click adventure.

292l7qh.png

And something random that doesn't have anything to do with digital, I've painted my shoes just to make them less boring tongue.png

vault_tec_painted_shoes__by_baukjespirit

Shane C
Shane C
You're a very good artist. Your first drawing reminds me of something from Final Fantasy.
subtik
subtik

HOLY SHIT THE WOLF IS MOVING.

BaukjeSpirit
BaukjeSpirit

Shane:

I actually got inspiration from Morrowind and the DLC of Skyrim 'Dragonborn' biggrin.png

HOLY SHIT THE WOLF IS MOVING.

lol, yes it's alive!

PragmaOnce
PragmaOnce

I'm not an artist so I won't know anything about your technical implementation :p thus from a outsiders perspective.. these look really good!

I especially like the mushroom and the wolf scenes.

The fallout converse also look very good and professional.

Keep it up :)

BaukjeSpirit
BaukjeSpirit

Thank you PragmaOnce and Swamplord smile.png

- - -

Working on a background right now for a fantasy point&click adventure, this is just a work in progress.

Wanted to experiment with new techniques and brushes in this one. happy.png

[attachment=18743:Fantasy_forest_WIP1.png]

BagelHero
BagelHero

Wow! That tree in the foreground is looking fantastic, I can see the improvement already! The different brushes and techniques you're trying out here seem a little more professional. smile.png
If I might, though, the tree root, the gash in the ground/step down to the path and one of the background trees are making a sort of box, and it keeps leading my eyes, especially with the brightness of the water being there. This might not be too much of an issue, but if you need the attention focused elsewhere in the scene, it may not be ideal.

Another thing would be I cannot tell if it's a hole in the ground or a small ledge, but you've stated yourself it's a WIP and it might just not be rendered out yet, which is fair enough.

Looking forward to seeing it completed!

BaukjeSpirit
BaukjeSpirit

Thanks BagelHero! I tried to get the focus to the treehouse actually tongue.png I know what you mean though, might still change it.

Here's the finished image:

[attachment=18825:Fantasy_forest.png]

BaukjeSpirit
BaukjeSpirit

Worked on some pixelart! (inspired by Simon the Sorcerer 1&2)

landscape_pixel_art_by_baukjespirit-d6w2

And I'm currently trying out an old program called Deluxe Paint that I'm using on DOS:

1400224_584749041574659_570989509_o.jpg

eppo
eppo

If you like DPaint, you should give DeLuxe Paint 4.5 (AGA version) for the Amiga a shot, as it has much more features (like animation). You'd need an emulator to run it on a pc though. There's also ProMotion for Windows http://www.cosmigo.com/promotion which is very much like DPaint.

BaukjeSpirit
BaukjeSpirit

If you like DPaint, you should give DeLuxe Paint 4.5 (AGA version) for the Amiga a shot, as it has much more features (like animation). You'd need an emulator to run it on a pc though. There's also ProMotion for Windows http://www.cosmigo.com/promotion which is very much like DPaint.

I do like it, it has some really nice features for an old program. I've heard of the amiga version, maybe I'll try it out sometime. I'd rather have a real amiga instead of having to use an emulator though tongue.png

__________________________________________

New drawing! I've studied a lot on human proportions and anatomy, still have to learn a LOT. I've never been good at drawing humans.

undead_battle_mage_by_baukjespirit-d70h5

And here is to show how much progress I've made. I've made this human-silhouette around 2,5 months ago tongue.png

http://i41.tinypic.com/6isks1.png

plummm
plummm

Wow, your art is really good. That treehouse one is my favorite. The background is beautiful.

BaukjeSpirit
BaukjeSpirit

Thanks darkcreeder smile.png

Here are some character designs made for school, our assignment was to make an animal with human features. Also, I was too lazy to scan them tongue.png

Any feedback about the designs/proportions is very welcome.

jfbw4h.png

2yz07bn.png

33dggns.png

2enax7b.png

hotmitts
hotmitts

Good stuff!

Generally, I do really like the bold colours you use.

those trees in the wood receding into the background are really nicely done.

Also I especially like the pixel art, I've no idea how it's done, other than taking you ages ?

The skeletal mage in front of the fire is great too.

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.