Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Problems with screen flicking.

Started by blazter2 Jan 14, 2000 at 11:40 PM 1 replies 800+ views
Original Post
blazter2
blazter2
I''m making a 2D game using DirectDraw. The problem is that I''m already waiting for the vsync but the screen continues to flick. Any tips for resolving the problem ?
Thanks,blazter
SiCrane
SiCrane
My first guess would be maybe you''re not double buffering properly. The first time I coded a simple DirectX animation I flipped the surfaces three times by accident, which meant that the images showed properly, but a lot of flickering resulted.
Armera
Armera
I am along the lines with SiCrane. After you have set up your back buffer correctly with the primary surface you should do everything you want to the back buffer 1st and then at the last moment flip it.
It's not reverse engineering, unless you get caught.

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.