Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Possible problem with rendering VBO's?

Started by JoryRFerrell2013 Jan 21, 2014 at 4:37 AM 2 replies 1.4k views
Original Post
JoryRFerrell2013
JoryRFerrell2013

http://pastebin.com/cFh1fHpH
http://pastebin.com/w9EVF6i6

The first link is the main code...

The second is the def for the MainChar class.

I init the MainChar class and try to render, but it won't show up. I thought that

maybe it simply just wasn't in the viewport so I tried moving it around and rotating

it so hopefully it would move into view...still a no-go. Is it not rendering period?

How am I screwing up? Arg. Arg....angry.png

BitMaster
BitMaster
Have you verified that glGetError persistently returns GL_NO_ERROR?
neonic
neonic

Without knowing the exact answer to your problem, might I simply suggest picking up & learning how to use gDEBugger. It has been an immense help for me while debugging some pretty complicated GL issues. With this tool, you can verify that your data in the VBO has been uploaded to the card correctly to make sure your resources actually exist. It can also break on GL errors, which is mighty helpful.

EarthBanana
EarthBanana

it seems like you compile and link a shader and then dont use it - was this on purpose (the use program is commented out)?

if your just trying to use the fixed function pipeline to get it working I think you need to load a projection matrix for 600 by 800 viewport.. i could be wrong

a problem could possibly be that you are using doubles in your VBOs.. I would change it to floats

http://www.opengl.org/wiki/Common_Mistakes#GL_DOUBLE

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.