Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

I'm holding a raffle for a pretty cool item. Want to take part?

Started by Plethora Jun 5, 2014 at 12:26 PM 1 replies 1.4k views
Original Post
Plethora
Plethora

Hello there, I'm posting this to announce a raffle I am running related to the game that I am making, called Spellbook Tactics. I am fortunate enough to have a friend who hand makes plushies in a pretty cool way I've never seen before. She made one for me based on a character from my game and now I am raffling it off as a way to promote both her work and my game. The details for the raffle can be seen here:

http://infinityelephant.wordpress.com/2014/06/03/twitter-contest-awesome-prize-courtesy-of-artist-llama-details-inside/

To be entered, all you have to do is retweet this tweet:

https://twitter.com/InfinityEleph/status/473922052987322369/photo/1

That's all there is to it! :)

I'm working on a game!  It's called "Spellbook Tactics".  I'd love it if you checked it out, offered some feedback, etc.  I am very excited about my progress thus far and confident about future progress as well!   http://infinityelephant.wordpress.com
DavitosanX
DavitosanX

Retweeted! I was actually thinking of making a game very similar to Spellbook Tactics. Mine is going to be called Spellcaster (unless some other game with that name comes along first), and I also was considering a turn-based combat system on a grid. Does yours involve crafting spells from different elements?

Starting out in game programming? Me too! Check out my blog, written by a newbie, for the newbies. http://myowngamejourney.blogspot.mx/   Also, if you don't mind a 5 seconds ad, here's a great free ebook for beginners on the subject of pygame: http://bit.ly/19Bem2q
Plethora
Plethora

Hey! Thanks for the interest.

I was originally thinking of crafting the spells but decided not to go down that road (gotta scale back my scope somewhere, it was originally HUGE). Instead I've opted for something vaguely like Magic: The Gathering or other CCG. Basically you have different "colors" of energy and all spells will be preset (you'll start with just a couple, and can obtain more through various means). As you level up, you will have the opportunity to focus on the colors you wish, thereby allowing you to cast more powerful spells more quickly in that color.

The balance aspect may be difficult, but the plan as it stands is to allow the player to cast as many spells on his/her turn as there is available energy to cast, so generating energy more quickly will give a huge advantage in combat.

The game is obviously far from done, but I'll but submitting a build for consideration to the Boston Festival of Indie Games in a couple weeks. If you're interested I can pass along a test build to you as well. :)

I'm working on a game!  It's called "Spellbook Tactics".  I'd love it if you checked it out, offered some feedback, etc.  I am very excited about my progress thus far and confident about future progress as well!   http://infinityelephant.wordpress.com

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.