Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

room escape engine

Started by aleksandar76 Aug 25, 2014 at 5:01 PM 2 replies 3.2k views
Original Post
aleksandar76
aleksandar76

Hi,

I have a decent experience in coding (php, c#, c++) but zero experience in making games (except for a few days in Stencyl).

Now, I've seen a tons of room escape games coming out each day so I was wondering if there is some tool which makes this process easier. I've heard about room escape makers, but couldn't find one that people say it works 100%.

I would like to make something like batman saw game, or maybe something simpler. I've seen INKA games have tens of similar games, and they all seem to share the same engine.

I ask this because I run a site with escape games , and need to either code games myself or to look for someone to do that for me. Not sure how much would that cost and where to look for programmers. is there a place for that on this forum?

thanks

Aleksandar

haegarr
haegarr

What exactly is a room escape game?

When looking at the game you referenced in the OP, it seems me to use the classic point-&-click graphic adventure mechanics. So perhaps ... you may find the Adventure Game Studio fit your needs.

Sporniket
Sporniket

Room escape game is a simplified type of point & click adventure. The story usually put you in a closed environnement, and you must unlock doors until you reach the exit. The navigation is very crude (clic to go to the next room or go back).

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.