Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Primrose - edit source code in a texture

Started by capn_midnight Jan 30, 2015 at 2:17 AM 1 replies 2k views
Original Post
capn_midnight
capn_midnight
Primrose is a lightweight text editor control with syntax highlighting and keyboard shortcuts for use in web browsers and WebGL projects. It draws directly to an HTML Canvas element. The resulting image can easily be used as a texture on 3D objects in a WebGL context. It is also extensible, providing a framework to support any number of programming languages, themes, and editing styles.
Check out Primrose Editor. Free for open source projects.
jbadams
jbadams

That's pretty cool, thanks for sharing -- I can't think of any practical uses for it right now, but I'll definitely have a play with it and keep it in mind for future projects! :)

- Jason Astle-Adams
capn_midnight
capn_midnight
I'm personally going to use it to experiment with virtual workspaces. I also think it might be cool for AI-bot coding games, ala a graphical version of CRobots or something.

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.