Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
šŸ”’ Locked

Give me your Java and Python code

Started by plainoldcj Feb 28, 2015 at 10:16 AM 2 replies 3.7k views
Original Post
plainoldcj
plainoldcj
Hey,

at the moment I'm heavily procrastinating, so I thought it's a good
time to refresh my language knowledge smile.png

Therefore, I'm asking if one of guys has a small game (around 10k loc maybe)
written in Java or Python that I can tinker around with.
Ideally, the game has only a few library dependencies. Also, the code should
be "java-ish" or "python-ish" (as opposed to translated from, say, C), so I get
to learn common idioms and standard libraries.
Open source games are fine, too.

So, any suggestions? smile.png
Bacterius
Bacterius
A useful resource for requests like these is the Github search bar. Type in "language:java game" or "language:python game" and browse a bit smile.png
ā€œIf I understand the standard right it is legal and safe to do this but the resulting value could be anything.ā€
dave j
dave j
For Python, many people's Python games are listed on pygame.org. They usually have links to the source.
plainoldcj
plainoldcj
Hey guys,

great links, thanks! I find pygame.org especially useful, because it shows screenshot
of the games.

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.