Hi, my name is Amit and I'm a software developer from Israel.
I'm currently looking for a job as a game developer in Europe and I just received an Email from a studio in Germany (part of a big global game company) in which they asked me to perform a small programming test (24/48 hours), but they also asked me about my gross salary expectation.
I tried to do some research and it seems that software developer salaries in Israel are higher and I'm not sure what number I should give them.
Basically its more important for me to get a job in a big studio and the money issue is less important but I don't want to give them a low number either.
Does it make sense to tell them how I make here, and mention that I know that the salaries are different here and I'm willing to make less than what I do now if the number is too high?
I'm starting to research more on Germany but I don't want to keep them waiting and I want to reply as fast as I can so I can start the programming test.
What do you think would be appropriate to write back?
Thanks