Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Awesome texturing tool for Photoshop (free)

Started by fatboxsoftware Sep 13, 2015 at 9:32 PM 2 replies 2.4k views
riuthamus
riuthamus

Interesting, normally this would be moved to the "Your Announcements" section, but this is 100% art related and free so.... it shall stay.

What gave you the idea of making the unity PBR exporter? Are you planning on making a process for UE4 as well?

fatboxsoftware
fatboxsoftware

Interesting, normally this would be moved to the "Your Announcements" section, but this is 100% art related and free so.... it shall stay.

What gave you the idea of making the unity PBR exporter? Are you planning on making a process for UE4 as well?

I'm working on a game right now called Sarah and The City of Dead, here are some links to info about it.

Official IndieDB Page

Basically I am doing the Unity 5 PBR workflow with the standard shader and I am working on 4-5 texture maps at any given time. It was getting to be a real pain manually updating and saving out each one individually. This tool allows me to keep all of those maps in a single PSD file, hit a single button to export them all at once...and I only have to save and work in one file! Pretty handy and a real time saver.
riuthamus
riuthamus

Oh i get it, I have worked with unity extensively for the past 2 years and can fully understand. Right now my pipeline has 5 different programs that I use to make all of the maps. The PBR setup has been rather annoying to process since I have to go through each of the different programs. So, anything that helps with this process is a + in my book!

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.