Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Adding an item to the windows right click context menu

Started by noatom Dec 14, 2015 at 6:50 PM 2 replies 2.8k views
Original Post
noatom
noatom

So, I haven't found a lot of info on this subject. I know the items are reffered to as shell extension, and how you can add one by editing the registry. But nothing about adding one through code.

Anyone know how you 'd add your app to the right click explorer menu, in C++? (yes I know you can use code to edit the registry and add your app there, but I'm thinking maybe microsoft has some functions nested in it's API to make the process faster)

noatom
noatom

Thanks! That's all the info i need.

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.