I encountered some problem while using geometry shader. Usually input from the vertex shader should be passed via geometry shader (if used) to the fragment shader. But is it possible that geometry shader (when used in a program) can be bypassed and output from the vertex shader can be directly sent to fragment shader bypassing the geometry shader?
Any clarification will be highly appreciated.
Thanks in advance!
Some clarification needed regarding geometry shader
yes, not using the geometry shader is the classical, most common case. you simply bind the vertex and pixelshader and the output from the VS will be the input of the PS.
I think I could not make you understand properly. I'm using geometry shader and it is linked to the program, but can the data be sent from the vertex shader to the fragment shader by-passing the geometry shader? Is it any way possible?
I've encountered some unusual problem. Geometry shader is not set to NULL. In one platform when I run the program, it shows the following linking error:
It seems to me some thing goes with the version. OpenGL 4.5 allows vertex shader output to be bypassed by the geometry shader (even when geometry shader is linked) and fragment shader can work with directly from the geometry shader though no output from geometry shader to fragment shader is made. But with OpenGL 4.3 it shows linking error as I mentioned above. Any way, I'd like to hear from others regarding this whether I'm right or not.
Thank you!
Topic Locked
This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.