Again, back with the pkmn-esque clone game...
Again before starting I'm using Unity and C#...
Here's the problem I'm having now... Not really a problem so much as how should I go about doing this...
Like Pkmn I want to have 6 slots of monsters that I can select from... hit a button and have that monster come out and I have control of them.
Unity uses the code "Instantiate(Monster, Position, Rotation);" to create a prefab of "Monster"
Now I have however many Monster types and I need to keep track of each instance of a Monster as well obviously.
The problem I'm having is how to handle spawning those individual types? Where to put the Meshes, etc.
My thought is that I need to have some sort of object that has all the meshes attached to it that I call on from the Monster instantiation. It seems wrong to put it on the prefab of the monster prefab as that would make all the meshes load and unload upon creation/destruction. I suppose telling which is selected can be passed from a separate script, but it seems wrong to do this...
Am I thinking in the write direction? Do you guys know? Am I just thinking its wrong cuz I'm still not used to this more Object Oriented programming style?