Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Polynomial 2 released to Early Access

Started by Dmytry Jun 1, 2016 at 5:17 PM 0 replies 1.1k views
Original Post
Dmytry
Dmytry

Released to Early Access yesterday.

I have to say developing this game felt so much harder than The Polynomial (the first). I don't know if it's me getting older or just the much larger complexity of the new game, probably a bit of both.

Here's a trailer:

Rambling note on the trailer: Trailers are a lot more work than you originally expect. First off I was trying to make a trailer by traditional means but in the end I ended up scripting it all in Lua and recording a replay of me killing some enemies for the first person segment (also using Lua, dumping controller state on every frame to a file). Used the engine as a sort of an indie low key source filmmaker. That turned out to be much easier than editing actual videos.

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.