Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Decent vector library for C?

Started by BadEggGames Aug 22, 2016 at 4:40 PM 5 replies 5k views
Original Post
BadEggGames
BadEggGames

Hi

I am writing a raytracer in C an was wondering if anyone knew a fast vector math "library" for it?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Adam_42
Adam_42

The standard Microsoft SSE wrapper library is DirectXMath. Is that the sort of thing you're looking for?

If not what functionality are you after?

sirpalee
sirpalee

I prefer eigen. It's header only, fast (heavily vectorized and lots of template magic to make all operations efficient), packed with features and works everywhere. There are some quirks to be learned, because it's more like a math library, rather than a gamedev / graphics one.

shaken, not stirred
cozzie
cozzie
+1 for DirectXMath
Crealysm game & engine development: http://www.crealysm.com

Looking for a passionate, disciplined and structured producer? PM me
BadEggGames
BadEggGames

Thanks guys

I'll check them out

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.